In order to make things much easier to navigate, we suggest that teachers go through the existing courses and set their current courses as a favorite and consider concluding previous courses they no longer need.
This video demonstrates how to accomplish both tasks. Keep scrolling for written instructions.
"Star" or "Favorite" a Course to Add it to the Course Menu
- From your Canvas dashboard, select Courses from the left column
- Click the All Courses link (you may have to scroll down if you have lots of courses)
- Click the star icon in front of the course name to make it a favorite. This course will now show up on your Canvas dashboard.
Concluding a Canvas Course
If you would rather not see the "old" courses in your All Courses list, you can Conclude the course to move the course into your Past Enrollments. You will still be able to access the course for content, but it's no longer editable.
*Please check the People before Concluding a Course, to be sure these are not your current students.
- From within the course, scroll down and click Settings
- Click the Conclude this Course button from the right side of the window
- Confirm that you would like to Conclude the Course